L.O.J. is proud to announce we will be offering a new course in January, ” Introduction to Defensive Pistolcraft and Concealed Carry.” Michael Vance, lead instructor at L.O.J., has drafted a textbook, which is currently being edited for publication. Once the textbook for the course has been published and we have identified a facility in northern Virginia that can accomodate the class we will begin accepting applications to take the course.
This L.O.J. original course will cover many of the same issues explored in NRA Basic Pistol, including:
1) Basic firearms safety and range safety.
2) How handguns and ammunition work.
3) How to maintain a handgun.
4) Pistol marksmanship fundamentals.
Because this course is aimed at the responsible armed citizen, it will also cover many elements not addressed in NRA Basic Pistol or First Steps Pistol, including:
1) The principles of responsible and effective concealed carry.
2) Combat mindset.
3) Selecting the right handgun, holster, ammunition, and belt.
4) The basics of combat marksmanship.
5) The proper way to train for personal defense with a firearm.
Stay tuned for additional details or contact the course developer at firstname.lastname@example.org